Ethernetcard doesnt work

Post by Holle » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm  pritty new to Linux and i have some problems with my ethernetcard; i
have a NE2000 compatible at IRQ 2/9 280H; I don't know, where i can
configure it and what i have to write there!
can anybody help?
Pete

read this newsgroup!
THANX

Ethernetcard doesnt work

Post by Roy Stogn » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>I'm  pritty new to Linux and i have some problems with my ethernetcard; i
>have a NE2000 compatible at IRQ 2/9 280H; I don't know, where i can
>configure it and what i have to write there!
>can anybody help?

You need three things:  You need a driver for the ethernet card, you
need to configure the ethernet card, and you need to configure routing
of network packets through the ethernet card.

The first will require either recompiling the kernel or adding a
module for your card (or doing nothing, if the setup program did it
for you).  The second and third things vary between distributions.
With Red Hat the easiest thing to do is use "netcfg" from the
"control-panel" application.  With Slackware, IIRC the
Ethernet-HOWTO provides the best set of instructions.

Which distribution of Linux are you using, first of all?
---
Roy Stogner

1. Ethernetcard doesnt work

Hi,
I'm  pritty new to Linux and i have some problems with my ethernetcard; i
have a NE2000 compatible at IRQ 2/9 280H; I don't know, where i can
configure it and what i have to write there!
can anybody help?
Pete

read this newsgroup!
THANX

2. Sometime they come back (xterminal zoombie)

3. flushing ipf rules

4. PPP won't work with ethernetcard

5. Kernel level IP - where's the data?

6. HELP! Ethernetcard does not work

7. Is there a freeware version of sccs?

8. sunos pragma pack() doesnt work

9. so simple but: why doesnt http://localhost/ work?

10. .htaccess file doesnt work with imagemap: HELP !!

11. Linux Remote Printing - Doesnt work!

12. XAllocColorCells doesnt work anymore