1. RH5.0 Install problems ("Signal 11")
I'm trying to install RedHat 5.0, and it fails every time.
I'm installing off a FAT16 partition, and it gets all the way to the point
where it's processing the RPMS directory (just after you tell it where to
find the stuff), and then it dies with a message "install exited
abnormally -- received signal 11"... then it gives a couple messages about
sending kill signals to the system, and says I can safely reboot.
The system I'm installing on is this:
(Clone) Pentium/166, ASUS P55TVP4 M/B, 128 MB EDO, WD Caviar 3.1GB drive
(auto setup by BIOS as LBA,Mode 4, 3166MB), Diamond Stealth 3D 2000, Intel
The source partition is a 500 meg FAT16 partition starting at the beginning
of the drive. Then I have a approx. 2 gig NTFS partition and then the last
partition on the drive is the Linux native & swap partitions.
So far the only thing I can think of is the LBA mode (maybe it needs to be
normal instead?), the number of cylinders (BIOS is reporting a bit over 6000
cyls in LBA mode), ... the linux partitions are definitely way past 1024.
I'm trying to avoid switching the drive from LBA to NORMAL unless absolutely
necessary since I'd have to do a loooooot of reinstalling :-).
If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.
stults at engr dot orst dot edu. (Anti-spam defensive measure)
2. Server Side Includes with User Authorization (NCSA AuthUserFile)
3. 2.1.xx and "Signal 11" problems
4. Still not there -
5. Since when UNIX is the "real" system that runs the "real" machines?
8. Swapping an 18GB disk from an Ultra 1 to an Ultra 60
9. Real Audio 3.0/Solaris - "Can't open audio device"
10. Red Hat 6.2 Installation - "received signal 11" error
11. Installing - "Recieved signal 11"
12. X+32meg+xv = "caught signal 11, server shutting down!"