realplayer netscape

Post by Tamas Anta » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am a little disappointed with this linux version of realplayer. It's
not even unable to use presets but unable to play anything unless I
write the URL to "open location".
My question: How can I achieve that it starts playing when I click to
the address in netscape? (of course I set the application in netscape,
so netscape starts rvplayer but then nothing happens) I tried with
Netscape 4.07, 4.08, 4.5.

Thanks,

    Tamas

realplayer netscape

Post by Matthew Blakle » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am a little disappointed with this linux version of realplayer. It's
> not even unable to use presets but unable to play anything unless I
> write the URL to "open location".
> My question: How can I achieve that it starts playing when I click to
> the address in netscape? (of course I set the application in netscape,
> so netscape starts rvplayer but then nothing happens) I tried with
> Netscape 4.07, 4.08, 4.5.

> Thanks,

>     Tamas

Make sure to set the app command-line as

/usr/bin/rvplayer %s

so that the URL will get passed into rvplayer.

1. netscape, linux and realplayer....

Hi, I am playing around with realaudio, maybe I shouldnt, and yes, realaudio
works. With the linux_base from 3.4 RELEASE even with this old 3.1 system, the
installer wasnt anymore coredumping. But I am not shure about the best strategy
with netcape. I wish, I could simply use the old nativ netscape 4.08 I had
before. Replaced it by linux-netscape 4.7 from the 3.4 RELEASE, package, and
later got the "Linux 2.0 netscape 4.7" from the netscape site, which is a
little bit faster, but it is still opening with a dns query, ppp dialing etc,
even with host before bind and a "homepage" in the lan. Hmmm....

As far as I could read, I need a Linux netscape for the linux plugin, that
comes with realplayer (rp7). And (I think) I need this plugin to be able to
see the stuff, that comes from "realservers" with their proprietary protocol.
Is this true or is there any other way ?

Thanks !

Heiko

--
"Cable is not a luxury, since many areas have poor TV reception."
                -- The mayor of Tucson, Arizona, 1989

SPAMTRAPP !!!

2. Tape questions

3. Setting up realplayer 7 to work with netscape 4.73

4. Gopher?

5. Netscape 3.0x and RealPlayer 5.0 Beta 2

6. Question: Setting up monitor timings and dot clocks, I'm a little baffled.

7. Ok, now how do I tell netscape/realplayer to talk to each other ???

8. UNIX BBS Software FAQ with Answers

9. RealPlayer 5.0 wont work, Netscape 4.51, Slackware 4.0.0

10. netscape and realplayer

11. RealPlayer 7 Netscape plugin

12. netscape realplayer as plugin

13. realplayer for mozilla-netscape?