Installing Intel Ether Express/10+ (ISA)

Installing Intel Ether Express/10+ (ISA)

Post by Victor S. Mill » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I installed Red Hat 7.0 on my Dell M166s (Pentium MMX 166Mhz), however
it didn't recognize my ethernet card (Intel Ether Express/10+ (ISA)
PnP), which is recognized (and works!) without problem in Win 95.  How
do I install the proper drivers for the card (or are they already
there?) and get networking to work?
--
Victor S. Miller     | " ... Meanwhile, those of us who can compute can hardly

CCR, Princeton, NJ   | following useless calculation in 2 seconds', and indeed
    08540 USA        | what editor would publish them?"  -- Oliver Atkin

Post by Jason Hogan-O'Neil » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I installed Red Hat 7.0 on my Dell M166s (Pentium MMX 166Mhz), however
> it didn't recognize my ethernet card (Intel Ether Express/10+ (ISA)
> PnP), which is recognized (and works!) without problem in Win 95.  How
> do I install the proper drivers for the card (or are they already
> there?) and get networking to work?
> --
> Victor S. Miller     | " ... Meanwhile, those of us who can compute can hardly

> CCR, Princeton, NJ   | following useless calculation in 2 seconds', and indeed
>     08540 USA        | what editor would publish them?"  -- Oliver Atkin

I am using RedHat 6.1 but updated the kernel to 2.2.17. I bought the same
ethernet card as you and it all worked fine - it automatically detected the card
(it should do this at startup). However, you will need to compile the kernel with
an ethernet card there. Even if it is the wrong on it will tell you this when you
reboot and will automatically ask you to install your new INtel Ethernet Pro
card.

Hope this helps,

Jason

1. Intel Ether Express ISA Pro 10 + ?

installed such a thing here yesterday.  None of the likely drivers from
2.0.34 seems to recognize it; and I got a eepro.c from cesdis that claims
to support it but won't compile (gcc 2.7.something, lots of undeclareds
and parse errors).

Thanks for any help.  I'd also be glad to hear anything at all about

mini-HOWTO).
--
Tom Permutt

2. linux diskless clients

3. Intel ether express Pro 10+ ISA

4. Linux + Win95 on 6.4 GB HD

5. Intel Ether Express Pro/10 ISA

6. Linux on PS/2

7. Intel ISA Ether Express Pro 10+ Anyone?

8. ipx + linux?????

9. Help: Problem with Intel Ether Express Pro 10+ ISA

10. Is Ether Express PRO/10+ (ISA) supported by RH Linux 4.1?

11. (x86)Intel Ether Express 10/100 problems!

12. Trouble with Intel Ether Express PRO/10+

13. Will an Intel Ether Express Pro/10+ card work?