PPP Setup Problems

1. PPP Setup problems and general problem in fvwm

I'm using slackware 2.0.3 and I've got everything working except these
three things.

When I start a Xwindows application such as emacs or xfig, it thinks
that my screen is bigger than it is and starts the application off in
two of my virtual screen windows.  Sometimes when I start it on the
first desktop, I won't be able to move it cuz the top is un-reachable by
mouse.  Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

I have a pager that manages the desktops.  I have 12 windows in this
thing, I want to decrease this to about 4.  How do I do this?

I've been trying to set up PPP.  I have tried various methods of doing
this but no success.  I used minicom to first login to my ISP and then
quit minicom to start pppd.  I've tried a chatscript but it didn't work
either.  Does anyone know how I can use chat so that I can see what it
is sending the modem and what the modem is responding with?  It seems to
be trying to connect but hangs up on me after a while.  When I type
"ifconfig" which is what one of the documentations said, it said that
this command did not exist.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.  I've been struggling with linux
setup for weeks and I still can't get it working perfectly the way I
want it to.  It's very frustrating.

Paul Tsai

2. Moving files to new AIX version

3. PPP setup problem

4. Netscape: (Can I fix stalls??)

5. PPP setup problems

6. Can anyone help me

7. Yet another PPP Setup problem :) (please help!)

8. Asus A7M266-D, Athlon 2000 MP, linux frequent crashes

9. PPP setup problems

10. PPP setup problem in Linux

11. ibm.net ppp setup problem

12. ppp setup problem