Modem and sound card installation

Post by Fernando Marques Figueira Filh » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all :)

My Red Hat 6.1 didn't find my modem (a US Robotics 56K x2) and my sound card
(Opti is the name). I have the drivers to install them in Windows. This
drivers can work under linux?! How?!

Thanx

Modem and sound card installation

Post by Wal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi
      Fernando

Quote:> My Red Hat 6.1 didn't find my modem (a US Robotics 56K x2)
> and my sound card (Opti is the name)..  drivers..

For a modem you do not need a driver, normally. You use tools like kppp
to set up the connection speed to the modem, your provider's data etc.
Those steps are described in several manuals, see /usr/doc/....

Configuring the soundcard is more sopisticated, cannot help here.

ciao,
      Kurt.

Modem and sound card installation

Post by Bill B » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm afraid that you have a winmodem, which cant be run under linux, youre
gonna need to buy a new ISA modem. As for the sound card i cant help ya
there.

Bill

Quote:

> Hi all :)

> My Red Hat 6.1 didn't find my modem (a US Robotics 56K x2) and my sound
card
> (Opti is the name). I have the drivers to install them in Windows. This
> drivers can work under linux?! How?!

> Thanx

Modem and sound card installation

Post by Marcelo Abrusi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Ai cara, o Linux nao usa os drivers do Windows...
Voce precisa pegar drivers do Linux para os seus devices...
tenta: http://www.linuxvoodoo.org/drivers/cards

Falou brasileiro...

Um outro brasileiro se fudendo com o Linux...