Win 95 Nightmare.

Post by Michael A. Ballbach: N0ZT » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi!
        I installed linux on a second partition, and the first had 95. I ran it
ok for a while, until I booted win 95, then tried to boot linux again.
Files were gone, no network connections were made, the system was
extremely unstable, with linux, and 95. Not a 95 fan, and thought I'd
warn ya all.
--
** Michael A. Ballbach: N0ZTQ
http://www.veryComputer.com/

*** "You earth people have glorified * for centuries,
 but have imprisoned those who do seperately."  -- Spock ***

1. Byte Magazine; Aug 95 Says Win 95 is "The Elegant Kludge"

Anyone who thinks that Win 95 is the answer to all should read the
article in Byte Magazine concerning protected memory areas. There is
a lot more running in ring 0 that you might suspect! Linux looks better all
the time. Also check out the new Win 95 filesystem with long names - another
kludge!

2. Supported parallel port cards?

3. Running OSE 5.0 and Windows 95 (How To Print To Local Win 95 Printer)

4. SGI PPP-> Linux

5. SCO OSE 5, WIN 95, WIN NT and FTP Lockup Solved

6. Anyone using a NI5210 for

7. Linux, Win 95, and Win NT Modem

8. Tape drives -- please explain

9. Samba / Win 95 / Win 98 Encryption

10. Win 95, Win 3.1 and Linux sharing the same swap?

11. Installing Linux/Win 95/Win NT

12. Why won't win 95 enforce authentication from my nmb/smb servers.

13. Win 95, Linux and Win NT 4.0 boot