X-windows and wharf

Post by Mike Ranki » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I installed RedHat 5.1 on my system and it ran fairly well out of the
box.  However, I edited my wharf file to add several applications to the
"Folders" section.  The modifications worked fine, except I lost my
backgrounds and I can't get them back.  As far as I can tell, nothing I
modified should have affected the backgrounds, or looks and feels, but
when I click on a background/look/feel, nothing happens.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. URGENT SAMBA HELP PLEASE!

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. What is SUNW,sx0 ?

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. MIDI in Linux

7. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

8. hotkeys and linux

9. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

10. : Install free X-Windows server on Windows NT Workstation 4.0

11. Why doesn't X-Windows look as good as MS Windows?

12. X-Windows probem with fonts and windows

13. Why doesn't X-Windows update windows more often?