PATH

Post by Alexander Lehma » Mon, 16 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

Does anyone of you know where I can find the PATH settings used by the
shell?

Alex

--
ping

PATH

Post by Maan M. Hamz » Tue, 17 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone of you know where I can find the PATH settings used by the
> shell?

If you mean bash, try /etc/profile

1. add in the PATH a path if not present in the PATH

I look for a function in POSIX shell. this function must add path in the
$PATH if it isn't present.
by example:
I want add /bin in PATH
echo $PATH
--> /bin:/usr/bin
/bin is in the PATH then i don't add /bin
If I want add /usr/local/bin
/usr/local/bin isn't in the PATH then I add:
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

  gaetan.schneller.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Virual IP Addresses

3. ksh: add path to $PATH only when ot yet in $PATH

4. Where can I ftp Ghostview?

5. zsh's 'typeset -U path' wipes out path/PATH

6. Need Info on Sysadmin Salary ranges

7. PATH=$(getconf PATH), but PATH for getconf?

8. PDP MAC-11 cross-assembler written in C

9. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

10. How to expand paths in $PATH like "~/bin" to full path?

11. Relative path to Absolute path

12. tcsh PATH, path, and ~: bug or feature?

13. how to add a path to my path variable