Mandrake 7.1 Text Install grub/lilo ?

Post by ted me » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:00:02

I have a ram issue as i only have 48 MB of ram it was suggested to me
that i use the text install method as apossed to the graphical one to
install linux. I have 2 hard drives the primary drive holds my window
stuff. the slave holds my linux stuff. Now on the text install do i
have the option to select which drive to install linux, want it on my
slave drive. Also what happens to my already installed bootloader
(GRUB) wich resides on my primary drive. Does grub stay installed or
would it get replaced by (LILO) on the installation.

Thanks in advance,

1. Mandrake 7.1 Text Install grub/lilo ?

I have a ram issue as i only have 48 MB of ram it was suggested to me
that i use the text install method as apossed to the graphical one to
install linux. I have 2 hard drives the primary drive holds my window
stuff. the slave holds my linux stuff. Now on the text install do i
have the option to select which drive to install linux, want it on my
slave drive. Also what happens to my already installed bootloader
(GRUB) wich resides on my primary drive. Does grub stay installed or
would it get replaced by (LILO) on the installation.

Thanks in advance,

2. Mounting drives

3. lilo config problems with mandrake 7.1

4. Kensington ADB Orbit 2 button mouse on YDL

5. Whiich ids better Mandrake 7.1 or Slackware 7.1

6. ftp get directory question

7. Upgrade from Mandrake 7.0 (Air) to Mandrake 7.1 (Helium): Painless?

8. O_DIRECT please; Sybase 12.5

9. Mandrake 7.1 vs Mandrake 7.2 ?

10. Upgrade from Mandrake 7.0 (Air) to Mandrake 7.1 (Helium): Painless?

11. Mandrake 7.1 vs Mandrake 7.2 ?

12. Need help installing Real 8029 on Mandrake 7.1

13. Installing redhat 7.1 in text mode with RAID Setting