Diamond Stealth 64 VLB VRAM

Post by Ted Bulmansk » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have a Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM Local Bus video card with 4MB VRAM.
Running ConfigX I select the Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM option. When I try
to run X (startx) X windows loads but the screen is all screwed up.
Fuzzy lines, static looking.

I added the Option Diamond in XF86Config file to no avail.

The XConfig file is set up for the Diamond card but uses the IBM8514
driver. Wonder why?

Everything works fine using the plain VGA driver supplied. But I would
like higher resolutions.

Other tech info: The card has a Brooktree 485 RAMDac, S3 964 Vision
chip. NEC XP15 monitor.

Using Redhat Linux 4.0. Overall this is a great release except for the
video quirk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted Bulmanski

Diamond Stealth 64 VLB VRAM

Post by Kevin Mart » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM Local Bus video card with 4MB VRAM.
>Running ConfigX I select the Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM option. When I try
>to run X (startx) X windows loads but the screen is all screwed up.
>Fuzzy lines, static looking.
>I added the Option Diamond in XF86Config file to no avail.

That's strange.  I have exactly the same card (and had exactly
the same problem) -- and adding the

"option Diamond"

line fixed it instantly.  Oh, yeah -- try the line

"option slowvram"

I can't remember if I removed it or not, but I added it at one
point; and my video is solid as a rock now at 1024x768 or even
higher.

Quote:>The XConfig file is set up for the Diamond card but uses the IBM8514
>driver. Wonder why?

There are two sections in the file, one describes the card and one
describes the monitor.  They interact, sometimes spectacularly.
Go through the file from *top to bottom* and make sure it says what
you want it to say, and only what you want.  Do you have your
monitor's spec sheet?

I can send you a copy of my XConfig if you like (can't get home to
it until late tonight, though).  I'm using a multisync monitor
comparable to a NEC 4fg, so be very sure that yours will sync at
the same rates or you could end up with a big smelly paperweight.

1. Diamond Stealth 64 w/2meg Vram(VLB) and Xfree86 3.1 - Works

I have a working version of XF86Conifg for Diamond Stealth 64 2meg Vram (VLB) and CTX 1562GM monitor....send me a email if you need a copy of it.
I got the specs out of Diamond Stealth 64 w/2meg DRAM, so it should work for the DRAM version.  You should change some of the numbers in config to make it fit into your monitor, but howto is included in XFree86 3.1 pakage.

Dan,

2. Openwin query

3. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?

4. TCP parameters

5. Colormap problems w/ 8 bit graphics in 16 bit mode - stealth 64 vlb 2m vram card

6. Trendware WLAN Karten

7. Diamond Stealth 64 video vram

8. Ghostscript printing always needs manual feed

9. Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM problem

10. Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM Vision 968 problems

11. Trouble with XFree 3.1.1 and Diamond Stealth 64 VRam/PCI

12. X-86 Video Problem with Diamond Stealth 64 VRam