Anyone ever made their own device driver for Linux?

Anyone ever made their own device driver for Linux?

Post by Steven Brag » Mon, 24 Jul 1995 04:00:00

  Recently purchased a chinon 4X CDrom that isn't recognized  by any of the existing device
drivers in /dev.  I called Chinon and asked if they planned on creating a Unix driver or
specifically a Linux driver.  They said no on Unix and that theyd never heard of Linux.  Now
I'm having them send me the programming specs for my drive.  To the point..anyone out there
managed to create their own device driver for linux yet?  Anyone out the know where I can
get the source for a functioning CDrom device driver to pattern mine after?

Thanks,
Steve Brague

1. Anyone ever made their own device driver for Linux?

  Recently purchased a chinon 4X CDrom that isn't recognized  by any of the existing device
drivers in /dev.  I called Chinon and asked if they planned on creating a Unix driver or
specifically a Linux driver.  They said no on Unix and that theyd never heard of Linux.  Now
I'm having them send me the programming specs for my drive.  To the point..anyone out there
managed to create their own device driver for linux yet?  Anyone out the know where I can
get the source for a functioning CDrom device driver to pattern mine after?

Thanks,
Steve Brague

2. Why is cursor big clumsy rectangle?

3. Has anyone successfully made there own rescue rootdisk?

4. FS: Sun 3/50 and 3/60

5. making console user own device

6. AX25 port for FreeBSD

7. Making Device Drivers on Linux

8. noexec

9. Anyone ever write a driver for an Adaptec 152x series controller?

10. is Quicken ever planning on making a Linux binary?

11. Book: Linux Device Drivers - anyone?

12. Anyone available for a Linux Device Driver Project?

13. Rolling Your Own DDI/DDK Device Driver