Unable to mount msdos filesystem.

1. Mounting msdos filesystems and FAT32

I wish to mount my c: drive under linux to facilitate file transfers between
my windows 98 and linux (redhat 5.1) systems. I use the command

mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /dos with no joy getting the error message
'MSDOS FS Rel 12 FAT 16 ------------------parameters ---------------------
VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS filestsem on dev 03:01
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1 or too many
mounted filesystems'

I have tried VFAT and -o conv=auto in the command line. I can mount other
filesystems (linux), have tried mmount which doesn't appear to do anything.
This works on my win 95 pc at home which leads me to believe it is a FAT32
problem. Does anyone know? Presumably a FAT32 mount binary/source exists out
there. Is Redhat 5.2 FAT32 compliant?

samuri

2. linux 128zx riva nvidia xfree86 stb

3. Mounting msdos-filesystem rw for all users

4. tar bug?

5. a question about mount MSDOS filesystem

6. What Is God?

7. UMSDOS root filesystem gets mounted as MSDOS

8. Print command to specify a paper tray ??

9. Can't mount MSDOS filesystem

10. Zip Drive: mount MSDOS filesystems on Solaris 2.4?

11. Problems Mounting MSDOS filesystems

12. Help mounting msdos filesystems, new linux user?

13. user permissions on a mounted msdos filesystem