Am I touchy? Or am I right?

Post by FreeBS » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

http://www.techtalkusa.com Can you believe these guys, they are essentially
telling us that Redhat support sucks! Damn that pisses me off. They made
some tech support call audio stream and said it was a Red Hat Linux support
call. They even had Redhat placed with Windows. I told the webmaster I owuld
post this everywhere until I got them to remove it!

Am I touchy? Or am I right?

Post by Jeff Susan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I thought the Microsoft on the Moon thing was really funny so I guess if we
laugh at them we can't very well say no one can poke fun at us.  Of course
it did paint a pretty silly picture of the Linux community.  Of course they
are poking fun at one thing that makes Linux so good.  Red Hat etc. actually
fix their bugs with timely upgrades rather than waiting until they can stuff
in a pile of useless features with a whole new set of bugs.

Jeff S.

>http://www.techtalkusa.com Can you believe these guys, they are essentially
>telling us that Redhat support sucks! Damn that pisses me off. They made
>some tech support call audio stream and said it was a Red Hat Linux support
>call. They even had Redhat placed with Windows. I told the webmaster I
owuld
>post this everywhere until I got them to remove it!

Am I touchy? Or am I right?

Post by Matthew J Zukowsk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I find it silly getting pissed off at and old joke.  It's all the greats
got the same sort of attention.  It's funny how soon the public frogets
the fact that decimal points after the number actually is somthing
important.

It's good humor.  Don't knock it.  Microsoft is far worse IMHO, but hey.

[...]

:>
:>

Am I touchy? Or am I right?

Your neither - your just making the site more famous.

--
Best regads,
        David Tabachnikov (NetHunter)

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. Rlogin escape sequence on Solaris (not the same as HP-UX)

3. Backup

5. small help

7. audio device spec's

10. I am si**y am I?

11. Shutdown problems...am I doing it right?

12. Why am I not getting the right port number?