Crontab that sets correct date/time automatically (RedHat)

Crontab that sets correct date/time automatically (RedHat)

Post by Soul » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Trying to get a working crontab going that will autoset the
date/time on my server from a timeserver (itsy.mit.edu).

Running RedHat Linux 5.0

TIA

Soul.

Crontab that sets correct date/time automatically (RedHat)

Post by felicity+s.. » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Trying to get a working crontab going that will autoset the
> date/time on my server from a timeserver (itsy.mit.edu).
> Running RedHat Linux 5.0

try looking into NTP.  it will keep your time up to date (so to speak)
without needing a crontab.

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/

there's also a RPM available on redhat's FTP site.

--
To reply via mail, please remove the obvious from the email address.