which forum or irc for newbie help?

Post by h.. » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:42:18

Which newsgroup, web forum, or irc chat room can I go to for help.

Thanks

which forum or irc for newbie help?

Post by Dr.viru » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 17:58:54

can any 1 help me in setting up my graphucs i use rh 6.2 when i logg in to
startx mode, all the objects appear too large as i am using 640 x 800 is
there any way i can make it look small or can in reduce the resolution to
800 x 600

which forum or irc for newbie help?

Post by vineetmano.. » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 07:09:07

Try the Xconfigurator tool:
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xconfigurator

> can any 1 help me in setting up my graphucs i use rh 6.2 when i logg in to
> startx mode, all the objects appear too large as i am using 640 x 800 is
> there any way i can make it look small or can in reduce the resolution to
> 800 x 600

which forum or irc for newbie help?

Post by Alme » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 09:03:39

you can run Xconfigurator (when not running X) and auto-probe your
videomodes or set them yourself

>can any 1 help me in setting up my graphucs i use rh 6.2 when i logg in to
>startx mode, all the objects appear too large as i am using 640 x 800 is
>there any way i can make it look small or can in reduce the resolution to
>800 x 600

1. PROPOSAL> New Support Forum for Linux: #LinuxChat on IRC

I'm proposing this support medium to help new and experienced Linux
users get more up-to-date support, as well as some actual contact with
the authors of the software.  This also makes a great forum for
launching a new software product.  Please read the #LinuxChat webpage
at http://www.ici.net/cust_pages/caperry/LinuxChat before signing on
to IRC.  The official launch will be Saturday, Jan 4, 1996 at 0100 GMT
(About 6AM EST) on Undernet.  Obviously the channel name will be
#LinuxChat.  Hope you can stop by!  Please send comments and
suddgestions via eMail, and/or replys to this post.  Thanks!

                -Carl Perry

2. S3 and power_saver and Xfree 3.2

3. New HP Monitored HPUX Forum (forums.itrc.hp.com/cm)

4. Nikon Coolscan LS-1000+SANE+Linux - help needed!

5. Newbie forums

6. Can I move /proc?

7. What is the appropriate forum for really dumb newbie questions.

8. PS2 keyboard dies in KDE

9. IRC and IRC Server

10. How to make netstat show IRC as IRC, instead of 6667?

11. Can't keep my IRC connections stable with text-based IRC clients?

12. IRC server source and/or IRC protocol specs

13. IRC server / Serveur IRC