Suse 6.0 not seeing memory

Post by Graham Rowel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have just started using linux and have tryed several diffrent versions i
am now using suse 6.0 but when i check the memory it is only seeing 62 MB  i
have 128 MB installed and a 130MB swap drive.

Any ideas?

--
Graham Rowell

Suse 6.0 not seeing memory

Post by DeAnn Iw » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:18:59 GMT, "Graham Rowell"

>I have just started using linux and have tryed several diffrent versions i
>am now using suse 6.0 but when i check the memory it is only seeing 62 MB  i
>have 128 MB installed and a 130MB swap drive.

>Any ideas?

>--
>Graham Rowell

        I think you need to tell it you have more memory (in the Lilo
command line at bootup?)....but I don't recall how to do this exactly.
The older kernels assumed a max of 64 MB unless told differently.  I
think this has changed with the newest kernels, but am not sure.

Suse 6.0 not seeing memory

Post by vil.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have just started using linux and have tryed several diffrent versions i
> am now using suse 6.0 but when i check the memory it is only seeing 62 MB  i
> have 128 MB installed and a 130MB swap drive.

There are some broken BIOSes which can report only 64 MB of ram.
When you start Linux, at the boot prompt try to add "mem=64M" and check
what it does. "man bootparam" is your friend.

Vilmos

Suse 6.0 not seeing memory

Post by J. Paul Bissonnett » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

update to SuSE 6.2, 6.0 was a dog

> I have just started using linux and have tryed several diffrent versions i
> am now using suse 6.0 but when i check the memory it is only seeing 62 MB  i
> have 128 MB installed and a 130MB swap drive.

> Any ideas?

> --
> Graham Rowell

1. Why the memory seen in Linux differs from the one seen in BIOS

I just install Linux and the memory I see from the boot up phrase or
the BIOS is 128M, but when in Linux, I check with top or /proc/meminfo
it tells me only 64M.

This does not happen in my previous installation. The only difference
is this time I use the All-In-One Motherboard and I am not sure
whether the memory is been used by some PC peripheral.

Does anyone know about this and how to fix it?

Thanks

2. vncviewer in redhat 7.1: blank display problem

3. Memory=32 ..system sees 32MB Linus sees 16 only

4. Apache Auth_LDAP

5. HELP: External USB Drive Not Seen by SuSE 9.2

6. NetHack 3.1.0 for Linux.

7. My LinkSys NIC is not seen by SuSE Linux7

8. boot kernel

9. Zip not seen in SuSE (still)

10. SuSE 6.3 bootdisk not seeing SCSI card

11. PCI SCSI Card Not Seen By Suse OS

12. RedHat5.1, Dell Lat CPi, 3c575 - linux "sees" memory card not net card

13. Not seeing memory