Q: Slackware 3.0, IBM ThinkPad 760CD?

Post by mike kou » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have Slackware 3.0 but cannot find guidelines on how to install it on an
ThinkPad 760CD. Anybody already done this and have any advice on where a
newbie should begin?

Q: Slackware 3.0, IBM ThinkPad 760CD?

Post by Chris Thoma » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have Slackware 3.0 but cannot find guidelines on how to install it on an
> ThinkPad 760CD. Anybody already done this and have any advice on where a
> newbie should begin?

check out the Linux/Thinkpad homepage at:

http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/tp-linux/tp-linux.html

also check out:

http://www.castle.net/X-notebook/index_linux.html

that will get you started - and if you are going to want to
run X, you will need the beta 3.1.2E server from XFree:

http://www.xfree86.org/3.1.2/ftp.html

good luck..

chris thomas

Post by bill davids » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

| I have Slackware 3.0 but cannot find guidelines on how to install it on an
| ThinkPad 760CD. Anybody already done this and have any advice on where a
| newbie should begin?

It's been a while... major gotchas:
 1 - floppy has ready line inverted, need a boot option in LILO
 2 - Need to get and install the pcmcia stuff
 3 - before running X on the dual scan models you need to run tpdlscan

 last possible moment - but no longer"  -me

1. X on the IBM 760CD Thinkpad

Has anyone gotten this to work ?
I have gotten to the point where I can get the 800x600 screen to come
up but everything appears doubled (on either external or internal
monitor). Its as though only every other pixel is being accessed so the
whole screen is maginified. Cursor works, applications work but there
is always this shadow/duplicate of everything.
The chipset appears to be a VESA Trident.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Lamb

2. HELP: .rhost logins

3. IBM ThinkPad 760CD SCO UNIX installation problems

4. Best method for stripping control chars

5. XFree86 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

6. tar not recognizing FTAPE device or rft0

7. Need ibm thinkpad 760CD XF86Config file

8. non-root owned files in /dev ?

9. HELP! VideoModes for IBM ThinkPad 760CD ?

10. Subject: Please help - Debian 1.2 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

11. Solaris x86 installation on IBM Thinkpad model 760CD

12. IBM SCSI/IBM ThinkPad install problem in Slackware 2.2

13. Installing Slackware 3.0 XFree86 on a ThinkPad 365