sendmail doesn't recieve mail, help please?

sendmail doesn't recieve mail, help please?

Post by sm.. » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am connected to Advantis via dip, using Linux 1.2.1.  Everything works
peachy kean with the exception of sendmail, which *sends* mail (granted, it

said account.  I waded through the READMEs but am perhaps too dense to
understand the solution.  If anyone could help me hack the sendmail config
files so that I can send and recieve mail from my advantis account, I would

Much thanks.

Joe Valenzuela

sendmail doesn't recieve mail, help please?

Post by MARK ROBERT HAL » Fri, 05 May 1995 04:00:00

Can you tell me how you manage to log into Advantis
with dip? I can't get by the initial screens --
imitating what the IBM Internet Dialer appears to
be doing does not seem to work...

Thanks.

sendmail doesn't recieve mail, help please?

Post by Joe Valenzue » Fri, 05 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Can you tell me how you manage to log into Advantis
>with dip? I can't get by the initial screens --
>imitating what the IBM Internet Dialer appears to
>be doing does not seem to work...

>Thanks.

Use the following file as your dipscript and invoke it in the manner specified
in the Linux NET Howto: (after editing w/ your own password and user id, of
course.):

#LINUX DIP Script for the IBM Internet Connection

main:
  get $remote 129.37.0.0
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  # Set the desired serial port and speed.
  port cua2
  speed 38400
  send terminal databits 8\n
  send terminal flowcontrol rts\n
  send terminal telnet-transparent\n
  reset

  # Put in an appropriate modem string
  send ATQ0V1E1X4\r
  wait OK 10
  if $errlvl != 0 goto modem_trouble
  # your local access number
  dial 028993399
  if $errlvl != 1 goto modem_trouble

# We are connected.  Login to the system.
login:
  sleep 2
  send &
  wait ==> 20
  if $errlvl != 0 goto login_error
  send 1.0\r
  wait ==> 20
  send INTERNET\r
  wait ==> 20
  if $errlvl != 0 goto password_error
  #send (account) (userid) (password)\r
  send USINET Notme nowayJose\r
  get $locip  remote 10
  send \r
  get $rmtip remote 10

loggedin:
  get $mtu 600
  default

done:
  print CONNECTED $locip ---> $rmtip
  mode SLIP
  goto exit

prompt_error:
  print TIME-OUT waiting for SLIPlogin to fire up...
  goto error

login_trouble:
  print Trouble waiting for the Login: prompt...
  goto error

password_error:
  print Trouble waiting for the Password: prompt...
  goto error

modem_trouble:
  print Trouble ocurred with the modem...

error:
  print CONNECT FAILED to $remote
  quit

exit:
  exit

Hope it helps.

1. sendmail doesn't send...just recieves!

Hello,

I am running slack 4.0 on aa thinkpad 365XD.  everything is working great
except sendmail.

when I try and use "mail" and send the email it goes straight to my que
and does't get delivered: here is the output of "mailq":

MyLinuxBox:~# mailq
                Mail Queue (4 requests)
--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
------------Sender/Recipient------------
CAA04810*     636 Fri Jul 16 02:22 root

SAA00198*       0 Thu Jul 15 18:13 root
                 (Deferred: Connection timed out with mx9.mindspring.com.)

SAA00130*       0 Thu Jul 15 18:03 root
                 (Deferred: Connection timed out with mx8.mindspring.com.)

RAA01000*       0 Thu Jul 15 17:55 root
                 (Deferred: Connection timed out with mx7.mindspring.com.)

MyLinuxBox:~#

I can use pine/knews and sendout mail view smtp on my host machine, but
not via sendmail.

I use fetchmail to recieve so I know sendmail is working...somewhat.

did anyone have the same problems or need to make some minor changes.

please let me know if you need more info.

Ryan

2. Sound on Mac/68k port?

3. Help-102066-09 doesn't like sendmail.cf - mail's down!

4. lp: unable to get major 6 - Initialization of lp failed

5. HELP: Can send but not recieve mail with sendmail; "Too many hops"...

6. Precompiled kernel boots, newly-compiled won't?

7. Slackware 1.1.2 smail doesn't put 'Recieved:' header in email

8. Apache server needs help

9. Where is 'New mail recieved since...' ???

10. please help, my OpenOffice's help (and many other things) doesn't work

11. Mail doesn't reach destination !Sendmail problem

12. sendmail doesn't expand mail ids in Cc: