SW to restore data backed up using Seagate BackupExec NT 7.0?

SW to restore data backed up using Seagate BackupExec NT 7.0?

Post by Frédéric Fau » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

We're fed up with that piece of stuff of backup software. Data are not
encrypted, and we relied on HW compression. Anybody knows whether data can be
read by a Linux-based backup SW?

Thx
FF.

1. Moving DLT from NT to SunE450: Good SW to replace Seagate BackupExec?

All,

        We're moving our Compaq 15/30GB DLT drive to our Sun
Enterprise 450 because we're sick on NT.

        However, is there a backup SW like Seagate's BackupExec 7.x
under Solaris 2.5.x?  Specifically, this SW should be able to connect
to different PCs on the our LAN, and backup some of their files (eg.
\\BART\BACKUP\*.*.)

Any good SW out there?

Thanks,
FF.

2. wordprocessors?

3. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68

4. KYZO Ltd. announces development collaboration with 3Com Corporation

5. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)

6. Samba crashes Intel-client

7. APC Back-UPS 400, updated howto for UPS?

8. Intel 810

9. Using powerd/backupsd with APC Back-UPS & PowerChute cable

10. Restoring data from DAT tape off of Windows NT to Linux

11. Problems Dual Booting NT/Linux 9.1 Seagate using RH5.1

12. Restore data from DDS (((AKA further proof of backup/restore issues on linux

13. Restoring data using cpio