Upgrading from 3.0.3

Post by Greg Howlan » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I've just installed Redhat 3.0.3 from an InfoMagic CD,
dated April 1996. I'd like to update it to the most
recent stable version. Which rpm package(s) would be
best to get?

--Greg

1. schedule for upgrades and the Summer [was Re: Upgrades to OS]

I suspect many people will no longer be around after mid-May or so.
So I was thinking:  the best possibility would be if 1.0 were magically
available by then.  I don't think that's reasonable.  So perhaps
a ``final beta'' version could be released by then, with enough time to
spot any major gaffs, and then anyone who leaves in May will have a good
copy to use.  Then 1.0 would be put together in the Fall.

I don't know how many people will be away for the Summer, but if it
turns out to be a lot, that would make sense, it seems to me.

Comments?

-Joel

2. Benchmark code and values for threads synchronization primitives ???

3. To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question...

4. Dlink DFE 530+ RH7.0 2.4.2

5. Upgrading Solaris-Need to upgrade Progress?

6. Linux as a file server

7. Solaris 8 upgrade using Live upgrade method

8. Installation/running Problem

9. Kernel 2.2, to upgrade or not to upgrade???

10. Upgraded 1.0 - upgrade daemon

11. upgrade to 2.2 required libc5 upgrade?

12. 2.4 - to upgrade or not to upgrade

13. Does RedHat upgrade really upgrade including Caldera