STB Velocity 128 NVidia Riva

Post by shint » Sun, 10 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I have a Dell with that video card and I can not getting startx to work
for the world.  Could someone kindly email/post a laundry list of
exactly what I might try to get this up and working.  I probably need to
get the CORRECT updates, and install them... so if the list could
include how/where to do that.  This would be greatly appreciated... I am
getting to the stages of giving up on this machine.

Thanks
Mike

STB Velocity 128 NVidia Riva

Post by Xiaoli Q » Sun, 10 May 1998 04:00:00

I am also using the same card on my Gataway2000, it works very well.
Go get the Xfree86-3.3.2, this new version supports this card.

--Charles X. Qi

> Hi

> I have a Dell with that video card and I can not getting startx to work
> for the world.  Could someone kindly email/post a laundry list of
> exactly what I might try to get this up and working.  I probably need to
> get the CORRECT updates, and install them... so if the list could
> include how/where to do that.  This would be greatly appreciated... I am
> getting to the stages of giving up on this machine.

> Thanks
> Mike

STB Velocity 128 NVidia Riva

Post by Adrian Matthe » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I am also using the same card on my Gataway2000, it works very well.
> Go get the Xfree86-3.3.2, this new version supports this card.

I also have the Velocity 128 card but I had a problem this
morning trying to apply the 3.3.2 patch to Xfree86-3.3.1.
[NB I'm still a newbie so *please* humour me! :) ]

The note attached to the patch reads:
To apply the patch, run the following from the directory containing
the xc source directory:  patch -p0 -E < this-file

Unfortunately I have no idea where this directory is nor how
to find it. I installed Redhat5.0 at the weekend and only
attempted the patch today after downloading it from work last
night.

Any help is appreciated.

Post by Steven G. Leut » Mon, 18 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hi

> I have a Dell with that video card and I can not getting startx to work
> for the world.  Could someone kindly email/post a laundry list of
> exactly what I might try to get this up and working.  I probably need to
> get the CORRECT updates, and install them... so if the list could
> include how/where to do that.  This would be greatly appreciated... I am
> getting to the stages of giving up on this machine.

> Thanks
> Mike

  Go to www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html and down load the SVGA server plus
the installation tool.  I'm still working on my Velo128 NVidia Riva card.
It works but not 100%. If you get your's up and running let me know please.
I can only get 16 colors.
steverl

1. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support

Does anyone know if the STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) supported
under Linux or where I may be able to find register level tech docs to
write the driver?  nVidia, the company the makes the chipset and STB
refuse both refuse by request for the information.

I currently have Win95 and WinNT on my PII system and would like to give
Linux and the BeOS(www.be.com) a try.  What does it mean in Linux for a
card to be unsupported?  For example, in 95 & NT, if you don't have the
driver installed, you usually still get 640x480 16 colors and in the
BeOS, you get nothing(just a blank screen).

Thanks,
Jin Yu
--
BeDev ID: 6731

http://www.coresi.com/yuweb/

--
BeDev ID: 6731

http://www.coresi.com/yuweb/

2. How to split large tar file to fit on floppy

3. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support?

4. A NEW Linux interface??

5. XHost Program

6. STB velocity 128 Nvidia Riva 128 chipset

7. Chat - Problems

8. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support?

9. STB velocity 128 - Nvidia Riva

10. Need Driver for nVidia RIVA 128 (STB Velocity 128)

11. looking for driver for STB velocity 128 w/ Nvidia Riva 128 chipset

12. STB Velocity 128 3D value (Nvidia / Riva) Help!