OpenLinux Installation trouble w/ installation source HELP! :O)

OpenLinux Installation trouble w/ installation source HELP! :O)

Post by Matt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am installing a new version of OpenLinux on an older Packard Bell.  It
is about 3-4 years old and has been through many viruses, crashes, etc.
When I try to install OpenLinux by diskette, it can never find a source of
installation.  I would install by CD, but it doesnt recognise my CD-ROM AT
ALL even though i tried to find a driver in the modules diskette.  Also, i
tried to use the loadlin method (installing from my DOS partition) but
that did not work either.  Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem??
I would love to get my linux working ASAP!  Thanks.

-Matt

1. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 - Install Hangs During Auto-Detect of Installation Source

The COL 2.2 hangs a minute, when I mount network drives from
a SUN server (SunOS 4.1.4). Maybe that's the same problem?

Next time take a break and wait a minute or two, if it happens
again.

Regards,
        Klaus.
Note: For e-mails remove the nospam. from my address.
--

            http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/user/kssingvo

  Waffen, Lieferung, Kosovo, Irak, Marihuana, Anschlag, Bombe, Plutonium, PGP

2. man gives fatal error

3. OpenLinux 2.2 installation help

4. MH and POP3

5. Please help with ESS1938 Solo Audiodrive installation.installation.

6. hostnames instead of ip's in bind query log?

7. Create OpenLinux Installation CDROM?

8. Bad Blocks

9. Installation of OpenLinux Lite 1.2

10. Openlinux 2.2 installation hangs

11. OpenLinux 2.3 Installation quetion.

12. Red Hat Linux 5.1 - Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 installation: need assistance (London)

13. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 Installation