id:5:initdefault changed to id:6:initdefault no more booting

id:5:initdefault changed to id:6:initdefault no more booting

Post by Kurt Gra » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I changed my id:5:initdefault to id:6:initdefault in etc/inittab in
order to start X. Now I can`t reboot any more, the message: Unable to
load shared library libc.so.5
How to reboot, how to get X started, because after startx the same
message is desplayed.

Thanks, Kurt

Post by Charlie Kempso » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I changed my id:5:initdefault to id:6:initdefault in etc/inittab in
>order to start X. Now I can`t reboot any more, the message: Unable to
>load shared library libc.so.5
>How to reboot, how to get X started, because after startx the same
>message is desplayed.

>Thanks, Kurt

At the lilo prompt : linux 5
wher linux is your kernel name will take you to runlevel
5 where you can fix the problem.  Hope this helps.

Charlie