Problem converting mgetty faxes to readable format

Problem converting mgetty faxes to readable format

Post by Mike Fris » Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:00:00

        I recently installed mgetty+sendfax 0.22 on my Linux system and
everything seems to be working perfectly (ie. I can receive data and FAX
calls successfully).  My only problem is that the bundled utilities
(g3topbm and g3cat) that come with the package will not allow me to
convert FAX documents into something readable.  Both of these utilities
give me "invalid code" messages on EVERY line in the FAX document.  I have
also tried the '-r' option on g3topbm, but it doesn't help.  Is there
something I am missing here?  I simply want to convert the documents into
a readable format.

        I am using a SupraFAXmodem v.32bis and have made the changes as
per the FAQ bundled with the package.  Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

Northstar Technologies                   Compuserve: 76620,2534
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA

1. Using dd to convert ASCII to EBCDIC and output the converted format to multiple tapes

Hi,

   I need to come up with a shell script that does the following:

1) convert ASCII to EBCDIC format
2) output the converted format to be able to span across multiple
tapes with logical labelling for the tapes (eg. i can label the tape
as A1,subsequent will be A2,A3 ....)

I am able to convert the data from ASCII to EBCDIC using the dd
command but i can't think of any methods to write the data to tape. If
i was to use tar, then the tape format will be in tar format and not
EBCDIC.

Any suggestions or methods worth trying is greatly appreciated. Thanks
in advance.

Alec

2. korrigiert

3. Problem: mgetty writing faxes with wide margins

4. Help! Can enter Xwindows only once!!!

5. Program to convert Unix file format to DOS / Windows format.

6. Allocating more disk space to a filesystem

7. How to convert text files from Mac/Apple format to Unix format?

8. domainname command not found in infomagic dec '94

9. mgetty fax receive problem

10. Converting VMS backup format to UNIX tar format

11. mgetty fax receive problem

12. Mgetty and Incoming Fax problem

13. Convert vc file format to Lotus 1-2-3 file format?