gcc 2.95.1 and system type - RH5.2, kernel 2.2.12

gcc 2.95.1 and system type - RH5.2, kernel 2.2.12

Post by Richard Kinde » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
        I have just compiled and installed gcc2.95.1 on my RH5.2 system, and
removed all the old compiler packages (egcs1.03, gcc 2.7.2.2 etc). The
new compiler works fine, but now when configure scripts are run
(specifically for glibc2.1), they can't determine the system type.

I traced the problem down to the config.guess script which calls 'uname'
to find the system type.

I think maybe some system config file needs to be changed, but which
one?

Any feedback appreciated,
        Richard

Post by Giacomo Amabile Catenazz » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi,
>         I have just compiled and installed gcc2.95.1 on my RH5.2 system, and
> removed all the old compiler packages (egcs1.03, gcc 2.7.2.2 etc). The
> new compiler works fine, but now when configure scripts are run
> (specifically for glibc2.1), they can't determine the system type.

> I traced the problem down to the config.guess script which calls 'uname'
> to find the system type.

> I think maybe some system config file needs to be changed, but which
> one?

> Any feedback appreciated,
>         Richard

use:
./configure i686-pc-linux-gnu

NOTE: subst i686 with you right processor (check with uname -a)

1. OPTi 16 Sound Card Configuration under RH5.2 & kernel 2.2.12

hello everyone

i'm having a problem with configuring a OPTi 16 sound card working under RH 5.2
& the 2.2.12 kernel.

I've compiled all of the OSS modules and I've tried using sndconfig, but
nothing seems to be working.

The card advertises itself as a SoundBlaster compatible, but just about every
card does that.  It is a PNP ISA card, and the BIOS does recognize the card at
boot time.  I've tried pnpdump and isapnp, but they haven't helped at all.

I'm running this on a pentium 166 MB from asus.  The machine has 48 megs of
ram, and the sound card is the only ISA card.  The other two cards are a
network card and my video card.

anybody had any success getting this card to work under linux?

thanks,

dennis

2. which TCP version is kernel 2.0.30?

3. Kernel 2.2.12 refuses to compile after upgrades to GCC, make, and glibc

4. How to use one machine as an Internet gateway?

5. 2.2.12 Kernel -- system.map

6. Audio in Linux

7. Upgrading kernel 2.2.12 to kernel 2.2.16, keeping same options

8. Large disk SCSI in old machine?

9. HOW to go from kernel 2.0.0 to 2.2.12 ???

10. linux kernel 2.2.12 and DAC-960

11. OPL3-SAx and Kernel 2.2.12

12. IP Aliases for kernel 2.2.12

13. Kernel panic 'skput over,' 2.2.12