conf:5: missing module argument???

Post by Chri » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Been trying to configure 2 3c509b nic cards in linux.
After trying to specify i/o base and irq, I reboot
and when it does it's "Finding module dependencies"
I get that conf:5 missing module argument   error.

Could someone explain what that means?

Thanks
Chris

Post by Akir » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Been trying to configure 2 3c509b nic cards in linux.
> After trying to specify i/o base and irq, I reboot
> and when it does it's "Finding module dependencies"
> I get that conf:5 missing module argument   error.

> Could someone explain what that means?

> Thanks
> Chris

If you recompiled the kernel, it's looking for a module that still
specified but is no longer in the kernel (like appletalk).

1. Conf: 3 Missing module arguments

Hi,
I recently installed Redhat 6.1 on a system. During boot-up there is a
sequence when the system is 'Finding module dependencies' at which point
a statement like Conf: 3 Missing module argument is given. The system
then continues to boot-up and almost everything seems fine. However when
I try to run 'modprobe' I get an error that says Conf: 3 Missing module
argument as during boot-up. I don't know if this is a problem or not.
Can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Eusebio Garate

2. Q: using modem PC card and serial port simultaneously

3. "conf:8: missing module argument"

4. LinuxPPC mirrors?

5. "conf:2 missing module argument" at boot time

6. U2W on x86 2.7

7. "conf:8: missing module argument"

8. Removing multiple repeted lines...

9. conf:5: missing module argument?

10. conf.modules vs. modules.conf & modules.dep??

11. REPOST: conf:1: missing argument

12. help decipher "conf;1: missing argument" error

13. conf.modules & modules.conf