3Com Etherlink III - 3c509

Post by Dele » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>I have a small promblem with my network card. I'm trying to install linux from an NFS drive. However, the linux boot disk won't find my network card.  Any suggestions?
>The card is a 3Com Etherlink III 3c509 plug and play network card.\

Lee
try changing the base address and/or the IRQ the card is set to.
I had a similar problem and it was the result of my sound card and the
network card being at the same base address.

If you still have it...3C0m supplys an floppy disk with their cards
that has a software configuration program on it that you can run.
If you don't have that disk contact 3Com or your computer reseller for
a copy.

Best of Luck!

--deleos

(Loving Linux!)