Linux fdisk isn't finding hard drive.

Post by Jared Rodrigue » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have two hard drives.  I have windows95 on my c drive and I want to
install Linux on my d drive.  It is only finding my c drive which is
dev/hda.  My d drive is dev/hdc.  I don't know how to tell Linux that
this is the drive I want to Partition and install on.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

                                    Thank you for your help,

                                                     Jared

Linux fdisk isn't finding hard drive.

Post by Hugh McCur » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> I have two hard drives.  I have windows95 on my c drive and I want to
> install Linux on my d drive.  It is only finding my c drive which is
> dev/hda.  My d drive is dev/hdc.  I don't know how to tell Linux that
> this is the drive I want to Partition and install on.  Any help would be
> much appreciated.

fdisk /dev/hdc

--
Hugh McCurdy

Linux fdisk isn't finding hard drive.

Post by Rainer Kulhan » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

drive.":

> I have two hard drives.  I have windows95 on my c drive and I
> want to install Linux on my d drive.  It is only finding my c
> drive which is dev/hda.  My d drive is dev/hdc.  I don't know

Try fdisk /dfev/hdc

Rainer
--

1. cfdisk or fdisk can't find hard drive

     I got the new destrubution of slackware linux 4.0 which includes the
new kernel 2.2.6. The problem is when I boot up off of the installation
disk everything boots up fine but it doesn't find my hard disk. I already
created the seperate partitions for linux using fdisk in dos. When I try
to use the cfdisk or the fdisk in linux to designate my linux hard drive
it replys can't find hard drive.

     I have a 13.5 GB hard dirve with ultra 66 ide controller.

Please, respond via e-mail as I usually do not have access to usenet.

Chris

2. root permissions

3. First hard-disk isn't found

4. XView terminal program

5. Removable hard drive that isn't always there

6. set ksh variable by C program

7. fdisk can't see my main hard drive!

8. Y2K Revisited (Humor)

9. Shouldn't fdisk know the size of the hard drive?

10. fdisk doesn't recognize 2nd hard drive

11. fdisk won't see my first hard drive, it display partition as unknown type

12. 3.5 GB hard drive is running but fdisk doesn't believe in it

13. fdisk can't open hard drives on a PS/1 386SX 25MHz