Linux - Oracle Setup

Post by Jimmy Brak » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

We have setup an oracle instance on RH Linux 5.2, we can get the database
started...... our problem is how do we set the database up so that it can be
accessed by other computers..........

Linux - Oracle Setup

Post by Don Bacc » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>We have setup an oracle instance on RH Linux 5.2, we can get the database
>started...... our problem is how do we set the database up so that it can be
>accessed by other computers..........

You'll probably get more luck with oracle answers if you go
to the oracle-linux forum that can be reached from the
Oracle site (www.oracle.com).

(I'm running oracle, but the only net interface is via
the AOL web server and some interface modules, all
free, so I haven't configured Net8 myself and can't
help you with this problem).

1. oracle for linux setup

Dear All,

        I am currently trying to install Oracle for linux on Red Hat. I am
new to linux and I am struggling to configure the Linux kernal ipc
parameters to accomodate the sga structure, as per the instalation guide.

Can anybody help or at least point me in the direction of a decent
HOW-2. (the instalation guide is a bit vague on how to set the kernal
parameters)

Many Thanks

Tim Appleton

2. Logon?

3. Oracle 8.0.5 setup in Linux

4. Installing UnixWare2.1 Personal Licence

5. Oracle announce Oracle 8 and SERver for linux

6. Linux - NT 4.0

7. Oracle cluster setup

8. RH 8.0 kernel-headers?

9. oracle setup guide for solaris?

10. How do i setup ODBC for Oracle ? ?

11. setup guide for oracle?

12. Setup disks for Oracle

13. AIX 5L Oracle 8.1.7, Oracle 9i and HACMP 4.5