"mouse/device busy" error is remaining

Post by Thomas Pfuh » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I encountered the same problem on my Compaq Prolinea.
The solution proposed by Pankrazio brings up the arrow on the screen.
Ok, but I cannot move it around. It always stays on the upper left
corner. Problem of speed?
Thomas.

"mouse/device busy" error is remaining

Post by mik.. » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I encountered the same problem on my Compaq Prolinea.
>The solution proposed by Pankrazio brings up the arrow on the screen.
>Ok, but I cannot move it around. It always stays on the upper left
>corner. Problem of speed?
>Thomas.

need to load the mouse in x-windows as /dev/psaux...
also reconfig not to load gpm at boot up time
this works on my sys mouse port at irq 12

1. "mouse/device busy" error

I think I remember seeing this a while back, but I was trying
desperately to get X running.  Well, I've gotten X running finally
but now I get a mouse error-- "mouse busy", or "device busy".  My
mouse works fine before I run Xwindows (I can move the cursor around
my Linux screen).  My mouse is a PS/2 mouse, and it plugs directly into
a mouse port in my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

2. Wierd mouse problem

3. mouse -> /dev/mouse "device or resource busy"

4. portmapper problem

5. how to kill "mt" or make "/dev/rmt/..." device NOT BUSY?

6. Reading HP 4 mm tapes

7. HELP: "Cannot open mouse (Device or resource busy)"

8. PCNFSD: Where are U???

10. mount -o remount,ro cause error "device is busy"

11. SB Live on Asus A7V , Red Hat 7.0 error "device or resource busy"

12. mount giving "device busy" error

13. eth0: "device busy" error on new (2.3.33) kernel