PS/2 mouse causes keyboard to vanish

Post by Martin Hil » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone had the following problem? When I plug a PS/2 mouse in to my PS/2
mouse port, linux no longer recognizes my keyboard (under XFree and virtual
console).  I don't have this problem in DOS/Win, or with LILO. The problem goes
away if I unplug the mouse.

My setup is:

ASUS P5A-A ATX motherboard with AMD CPU
cheapo AT style keyboard with adapter to make it work with the new small plug
BIOS set to auto-detect PS/2 mouse and assign IRQ 12

I suspect an interrupt conflict, but since I can't type I can't see it!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Martin

--

1. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

  No, it's a desktop. It is a Microstar MS-6163 ATX BX13 motherboard based on
Intel 82443BX/PIIX4E chipset.

Best Regards,
--
Krzysiek
-

2. start ssl in a script

3. Krauts and Linux?

4. PS/2 Mouse vs PS/2 Keyboard woes

5. No non-KDE apps on menu?

6. SLS 1.02 install lock-up

7. PS/2 mouse with AWE 32 PnP card freezes my keyboard & mouse ???

8. Any ideas why rundoom would cause the keyboard/mouse to fizzle?

9. Mouse cause keyboard lock

10. Pressing numlock locks up PS/2 mouse and keyboard

11. PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Problem