RH5.2 and apache

Post by root » Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

If apache is already installed I can't tell. I configured it as stand
alone, so it should be started as a daemon. However, I can't find
httpd.pid. Also, i tried ps aux and only one daemon was listed, via
command 'atd'. There were no htppd processes listed. Furthermore, I
checked inetd.conf and /etc/services, and there was nothing mentioning
apache. At this point, assumming I'm missing something stupid on the
install, I need three things to get me started:

1) I need to update the config files on the fly, via something like:
kill -s SIGHUP 'cat /var/run/httpd.pid'
2) Once started, how do I list a default page for the client browser?
3) On winxx boxes and M$ personnel web server for intranet, I can type
http://mymachine on the url and have access to the   server directories,
default page, scripts, etc. Does it work the same way with apache?

Any inqueries would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

RH5.2 and apache

Post by Odo » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Here is a guess.

Open your browser and type LocalHost in the address box