how to view sendfax/mgetty faxes

Post by Rick Enn » Sun, 02 Nov 1997 04:00:00

hi.  I just finished configuring mgetty+sendfax and it appears to be
transmitting fine.  but how do I view a new fax once I've received it?  I
thought maybe xv, gv, or g3cat, but I'm not having any luck.  do I need a
special program to see the new faxes?

thanks.

--

University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign | http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~ennis

Post by Keith Rohre » Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> hi.  I just finished configuring mgetty+sendfax and it appears to be
> transmitting fine.  but how do I view a new fax once I've received it?  I
> thought maybe xv, gv, or g3cat, but I'm not having any luck.  do I need a
> special program to see the new faxes?

xv ought to be able to handle them.  Consult the sendfax documentation
to determine the file format...

        Keith

how to view sendfax/mgetty faxes

Post by Mason Wrigh » Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I convert to postscript and view with Ghostview.

Mason

> > hi.  I just finished configuring mgetty+sendfax and it appears to be
> > transmitting fine.  but how do I view a new fax once I've received it?  I
> > thought maybe xv, gv, or g3cat, but I'm not having any luck.  do I need a
> > special program to see the new faxes?
> xv ought to be able to handle them.  Consult the sendfax documentation
> to determine the file format...

>         Keith

1. mgetty+sendfax printing incoming faxes to HP LaserJet

Hi, thanks for your answers.

#!/bin/bash

Yes here I mistyped but in my script it looks like:

When I use the first comand, its printing but the wrong resolution.

1.I took a look at /var/spool/fax nothing in here

2.I found other samples in /usr/share/doc/mgetty-1.1.25

3.I tried,
  printfax.ps from comand line >printfax.ps -h fnb*

  I get the error, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.340742

4.Than I tried new_fax.pbm to convert fax file and compress it, but nothing changed

5.I also put in the new_fax.lj to auto print but this script isn't working too.

6.I found info about scale and used:

the job was in queue for 10 min. and its printout was just one line

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again

2. computer died

3. mgetty+sendfax, print incoming faxes to HP LaserJet (RedHat 7.0)

4. the gate way

5. POOR QUALITY of received faxes with mgetty-sendfax

6. Two filesystems in Dos! Please help me!

7. mgetty+sendfax and USR V.FC DS fax don't cooperate

8. Good AIX-Books?

9. Fax with mgetty&sendfax

10. sending g3-fax using mgetty+sendfax with creatix144vfi

11. Email --> Fax Gateway (mgetty+sendfax) ???

12. Faxing with mgetty+sendfax (.gs to .g3 translation?)

13. supra fax modem and mgetty+sendfax?