libjpeg.so.62/Enlightenment

Post by Miah » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to get Enlightenment running on my system.  When I try and run
the Enlightenment binary I get an error that enlightenment can't find my
libjpeg.so.62
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Post by Steve Luzynsk » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I'm trying to get Enlightenment running on my system.  When I try and run
> the Enlightenment binary I get an error that enlightenment can't find my
> libjpeg.so.62
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.

You could install libjpeg...

The same site you got E from should have libjpeg available. If you're
running RedHat 5.1 you need to download a whole stack of updates, which
will include libjpeg.

Post by Sures » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>> I'm trying to get Enlightenment running on my system.  When I try and run
>> the Enlightenment binary I get an error that enlightenment can't find my
>> libjpeg.so.62
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks.

>You could install libjpeg...

>The same site you got E from should have libjpeg available. If you're
>running RedHat 5.1 you need to download a whole stack of updates, which
>will include libjpeg.

Sorry to poke into the thread.
I did the above (downloaded and installed the whole stack of updates) and it
turned out that gnome, gimp etc stopped working. Got the latest gnome (0.20)
and upgraded my 0.14 and now gnome segfaults and gimp doesn't run.

Any ideas? (I run RH5.1),
Thanks