Midnight Commander on 4-CD Linux/Red Hat set

Midnight Commander on 4-CD Linux/Red Hat set

Post by Arthur Fulle » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I've tried to install Red Hat (Nov 95) and the other Linux (Disk 1) with varying
degrees of success/failure. It seems that the graphic RedHat install dies right at
the question about the clock (local/GMT), no matter which I choose. So I returned
to the Linux install from Disk 1 and successfully installed. The problem is that
the Midnight Commander on Disk 1 is sadly broken, while the one on the RedHat disk
works fine.

Question: how do I install just this program (or for that matter, just any one
program) from the Red Hat distribution? It seems the install is determined to copy
the kernel (and perhaps more) every time. Am I missing the simple way around this?

Arthur Fuller