file completion in bash, missing sound

Post by Juergen.Bra » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a problem with file completion when there are filenames with
equal beginning. When pressing TAB there is no sound.

My kernel is configured with sound support enabled and cat *.au >
/dev/audio works.

When login from a windows client with telnet, the bell also works.

Which settings are responsible for enabling/disabling the bell char.
Can someone help me?

Thanks

Juergen Braun

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. How to make Backspace work in Emacs

3. Setting up completion and possible completion in BASH

4. sendmail domain problem in Sol 2.3

5. File completion with BASH ?

6. Compiling DOSEMU to run in X11R6

7. bash file completion

8. kppp, Netscape and reboot required

9. File completion with Bash

10. partial history completion in bash

11. command completion like bash under ksh

12. DMA Transfer Completion Interrupt Bit in IXP1200 Missing

13. Help with bash tab completion?