Help: installing red hat 4.2 hard drive/zip problems

Help: installing red hat 4.2 hard drive/zip problems

Post by jebel » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
Here's the problem.  When I start the red hat installation to install from
the cd-rom, it goes fine until I get to the partitioning part.  At that
point the program only seems to recognize my zip drive as /dev/hdc and will
only run fdisk on it via the edit command on that menu.  I have a 6.4 gig
hard drive put into 4 partitions: 1 2.1 gig that is FAT16 and contains
win95, a 2nd 2.1 gig that is fat16 and is a logical drive and a 3rd 2.1 gig
partition that used to be a logical drive until I deleted it to make room.
I also have a 4th partition that is ~70 megs that is within the first 1024
cylinders.  I would welcome any suggestions on what I have done wrong and
what I can do to make them right again.

Jeff Bell

1. Help installing Red Hat 4.2 on Win95 and zip disk system

I'm trying to install Red Hat 4.2 on my system, which has a zip drive and a
6.4 gig HD partitioned into 3 equal 2.1 gig drives.  When I run the install
software that comes with Red Hat and I get to the disk partitioning step, it
says that my only disk is the zip drive.  Do I need to eliminate one of the
DOS partitions and then will the program say that I have a hard drive? Or do
I need to do something else?

Thanks for any help,
Jeff Bell

2. Installing 4.1 on PowerCenter Pro 210

3. HELP: IDE ZIP drive and Red hat, cannot access Zip drive

4. 486DX66 and Linux

5. Red Hat 4.2 can't detect my Promise hard drive controller...

6. Couldn't login after completed installation

7. Help Installing Red Hat 5.2, when installing from boot disk I get hard drive error.

8. Motif libs for Linux?

9. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

10. problems installing the red hat 4.2 HELP!

11. Red Hat 7.0 can not see hard hard drive during install

12. Iomega ZIP parallel zip drive under red hat linux 6.0 problem solved

13. HELP: Red Hat install doesn't recognize my SCSI CD-ROM or Hard drives