Davicom drivers and Mandrake (redhat) linux ???

Post by Michael Per » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:27:58

>I'm using Mandrake 7.1 and everyone is saying that the Davicom lan
>(dm9102) on my Amptron 599lmr (PCCHIPS) should be auto-detected...and
>that it can also be setup with netconf, the only problem I have with
>the netconf command is that I don't know what the name of the driver
>is, the file is "dmfe" but nothing like that is listed in the Kernel
>Module setting.

>Can someone help me setup this lan, step by step.

>Thanks,

>Peter

I have a davicom ethernet card on my redhat box.  All I did was use
linuxconf to tell it what kernel module to use to activate eth0.  I typed in
dmfe and linuxconf wrote "alias eth0 dmfe" in my conf.modules.  Now when I
start my redhat 6.2 box, the eth0 comes right up each time.

I imagine if you travel to /lib/modules/2.2.x/net (replace x with your
kernel number), you will see a dmfe.o module which resides there.  You could
also add the command linuxconf did for me and edit the ifcfg-etho file in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and you would get the right Ip, netmask, etc
each time.

--
Michael Perry

------------------

Davicom drivers and Mandrake (redhat) linux ???

Post by David Ya » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:43:25

You will find the driver and full instructions on the CD that came with
the motherboard.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

Post by Michael Per » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:36:02

>You will find the driver and full instructions on the CD that came with
>the motherboard.

>Hope this helps,
>Dave.

>> I'm using Mandrake 7.1 and everyone is saying that the Davicom lan
>> (dm9102) on my Amptron 599lmr (PCCHIPS) should be auto-detected...and
>> that it can also be setup with netconf, the only problem I have with
>> the netconf command is that I don't know what the name of the driver
>> is, the file is "dmfe" but nothing like that is listed in the Kernel
>> Module setting.

>> Can someone help me setup this lan, step by step.

>> Thanks,

>> Peter

My issue with my motherboard with an integrated davicom card is that the
drivers are way old!  On my redhat 6.2 box, all I did was to use linuxconf
to basically add a line to /etc/conf.modules which says "alias eth0 dmfe".
This produced a working eth0 for me on the next reboot.  The drivers which I
found with redhat 6.2, installed as modules, were much newer than the ones
which came on cd.  In fact, the cd drivers would not even install on a 2.2
kernel.

Try simply writing an alias command in /etc/conf.modules like "alias eth0
dmfe".

--
Michael Perry

------------------

Davicom drivers and Mandrake (redhat) linux ???

Post by Pat Parson » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:24:33

Plus , just in case you don't know , you will have to compile the driver.

> >You will find the driver and full instructions on the CD that came with
> >the motherboard.

> >Hope this helps,
> >Dave.

> >> I'm using Mandrake 7.1 and everyone is saying that the Davicom lan
> >> (dm9102) on my Amptron 599lmr (PCCHIPS) should be auto-detected...and
> >> that it can also be setup with netconf, the only problem I have with
> >> the netconf command is that I don't know what the name of the driver
> >> is, the file is "dmfe" but nothing like that is listed in the Kernel
> >> Module setting.

> >> Can someone help me setup this lan, step by step.

> >> Thanks,

> >> Peter

> My issue with my motherboard with an integrated davicom card is that the
> drivers are way old!  On my redhat 6.2 box, all I did was to use linuxconf
> to basically add a line to /etc/conf.modules which says "alias eth0 dmfe".
> This produced a working eth0 for me on the next reboot.  The drivers which
> found with redhat 6.2, installed as modules, were much newer than the ones
> which came on cd.  In fact, the cd drivers would not even install on a 2.2
> kernel.

> Try simply writing an alias command in /etc/conf.modules like "alias eth0
> dmfe".

> --
> Michael Perry

> ------------------

1. CMedia 8738 and Davicom LAN 9102 in Mandrake Linux 6.1

Hi.

I am a novice to Linux.

I installed Mandrake 6.1 on my computer.
Everything works fine, except I can't set up my
LAN adapter and Sound card.

I couldn't find ANY DRIVERS for Mandrake 6.1.

A guy sent me a driver for my Davicom9102 LAN
Adapter, but it didn't work, because the kernel
version of Mandrake is 6.1.

They don't have any drivers for Davicom9102 At
all.

Also, I tired to install the OSS on my computer,
since there is no other sound card driver for
CMedia 8738 for Linux.

People say I can't do that either, because
Mandrake 6.1 is Kernel 2.213, not 2.2, so I can't
do that either.

So, I am just sitting in front of my computer
with no sound and no internet connection.  What's
up with this?

Mandrake should do something about this, for real.

Windows 98 works perfectly fine with my computer,
but not Linux.  I don't know why decided to use
Linux instead of Windows.  Linux is so hard to
configure and stuffs.  IT SUCKS~~~

If anyone can help me, please do, 'cuz otherwise
I need to erase my Mandrake 6.1 and re-install my
Win98

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. manual compile of frontpage extensions on apache server

3. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

4. Smiles knowingly ...

5. I have problems with Davicom 9102 Ethernet Driver in kernel 2.4.7pre6

6. Can I boot a laptop with the floppy of a desktop?

7. Davicom DM9102 driver

8. Apache 1.3.14 Start Warning

9. davicom dm9102 driver

10. Davicom 9102 AF, Redhat 7.2, Dell 8200, kernel 2.4.7-10

11. davicom dm9102 driver

12. Davicom DM9102 NIC 2.2 Level Driver

13. Red Hat 6.2/7.0 Davicom DM9102 DMFE boot driver disk for download here