VGA Graphics in DOSEMU/X-DOS in X?

Post by Michael Marso » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have DOSEMU 0.60.3 set up and running fine, and can produce VGA graphics/run
DOOM2 etc under console mode.  My problem is with xdos, running in its native
window under X.  I can get it to start fine, but any program that calls a VGA
mode causes a "INT(10,0) set_video_mode failed" message.
        I am wondering if Xdos supports _any_ VGA modes? Or is text only?

Mike

--
Mike Marson: LiNUX believer and all that...          "The fun you've demanded

Post by Arcadio Alivio Since » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: I have DOSEMU 0.60.3 set up and running fine, and can produce VGA graphics/run
: DOOM2 etc under console mode.  My problem is with xdos, running in its native
: window under X.  I can get it to start fine, but any program that calls a VGA
: mode causes a "INT(10,0) set_video_mode failed" message.
:       I am wondering if Xdos supports _any_ VGA modes? Or is text only?

        According to the book _Linux Unleashed_, in the appendix dealing
with DOSEMU, XDOS does not yet support VGA graphics (actually, I think it
said graphics in general) in a X window.  However, ongoing work is being
done to allow this in the future.

        So I guess you might want to check up on the latest version ...

Arcadio

Post by Joel M. Hoffm » Mon, 13 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>I have DOSEMU 0.60.3 set up and running fine, and can produce VGA graphics/run
>DOOM2 etc under console mode.  My problem is with xdos, running in its native
>window under X.  I can get it to start fine, but any program that calls a VGA
>mode causes a "INT(10,0) set_video_mode failed" message.
>    I am wondering if Xdos supports _any_ VGA modes? Or is text only?

Text only.

-Joel

|_|~~ Germany, Europe. 1940's ``A DISTINGUISHED speaker said that we must put
__|~| 16 Million DEAD.          our children first.   We in Bosnia wonder  if
                                we have any children left. Seven* thousand
 cnc  Bosnia, Europe. 1990's    children  have been killed  in Bosnia in  the
 cnc  HOW MANY MORE?            last three  years.   Those living, some  with
                                gray hair and eyes and hearts of old men, are
``May the world you             hardly children any more.''
  live in be the world                             - H. Silajdzic
  of your dreams.'' - Debbie Friedman                Prime Minister of Bosnia

1. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

I am searching for plugins for Netscape Navigator on a SPARC Solaris 2.5
system.  While any help would be appreciated, I am especially looking for
plugs for RealAudio, wav, and Shockwave files.

Surely I don't have to go out and buy an IBM PC running windows or a
just to be able to access sites which use these technologies.
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

2. Help bash scripting

4. old style of compiling apache (Configure command)

5. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

6. MACs to Linux

7. VGA graphics in DOSEMU

8. Problems with NET-2

9. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

10. what is a INS server?

11. dial ins

12. plug-ins netscape

13. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100