installing Linux (slackware/redhat w/Adaptec 2920 (PCI SCSI-2) controller

installing Linux (slackware/redhat w/Adaptec 2920 (PCI SCSI-2) controller

Post by Brent Johnso » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Have a question for anyone out there -- I have tried to get RH Linux as
well as Slackware ver of linus to see my SCSI-2 adaptor but for some
reason, it refuses to see it (looked at the RH web site for support, it
says the card is supported, but they don't give very much documentation
on how to get the system to install it.)

DOS/Windows loves the controller w/proper drivers but LINUX hates it...

confused,
Brent Johnson

1. Adaptec 2920 SCSI controller

Hi folks,

Just installed Red Hat 5.2. During the installation process the list of
SCSI controllers supported did not include the Adaptec 2920 (other
Adaptec cards were on the list, but not the 2920).

Has anybody got RH5.2 to recognise this kind of SCSI card ? I've got a
pair of seagate 4GB drives I'd DEARLY like to use.

Persumably I have to get the kernel module to support this adaptor from
somewhere ?

Best Regards

Phil Richardson

2. RECONNECT AT LOGON DOESN'T WORK

3. Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller

4. Some graphs of [BENCHMARKS] on various filesystems with 2.5.69

5. Linux Install, PP200, SCSI adaptec AHA-2920 controler

6. kernel v2.1.xx

7. Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller ??

8. Need a simple IPTABLES script

9. Need Kernel which supports Adaptec 2920 PCI SCSI adapeter

10. Do you have a Working Adaptec 2920 PCI SCSI Adapter ?

11. Adaptec 2920 PCI SCSI card

12. Installation of Adaptec 2920 PCI SCSI

13. RedHat 5.0 and AHA-2920 scsi controller