modem init

Post by Robi » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

 Hi,
Recently I was messing with /dev/nvram (I tried to write something to it),
but all that kappened was it used 99% of my cpu, so I killed the process. I
went about business as normal, and later recompiled my kernel. After
rebooting, I found that my modem would no longer initialize. I stuck it in
my mom's win98 computer (what I'm using now) and it worls fine. I'm not sure
if I fried my BIOS or if some setting is just wacked out. Can anyone help me
with this? TIA!

    Josh

groups.

modem init

Post by Robi » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

 Hi,
Recently I was messing with /dev/nvram (I tried to write something to it),
but all that kappened was it used 99% of my cpu, so I killed the process. I
went about business as normal, and later recompiled my kernel. After
rebooting, I found that my modem would no longer initialize. I stuck it in
my mom's win98 computer (what I'm using now) and it worls fine. I'm not sure
if I fried my BIOS or if some setting is just wacked out. Can anyone help me
with this? TIA!

    Josh

groups.

1. Modem init strings

I've been tring to setup my concetion to the net(I'm usings a friends
computer right now). I've got some strange brand of modem(its 14.4kbs)
but it dosen't work with the default init string the pppsetup uses and
I've tried a few that have worked under dos on it but there not working
in linux so my question is... is there a program out there that will
probe for init strings for modems?

TIA

Du Hast

2. 2.5.47-mm3 IO rate question

3. modem init string anyone?

4. Pipe problem

5. long modem init string

6. Was That a virus?

7. Modem init strings

8. computer viruses on LINUX

9. Help on Modem init string?

10. Help wiht MODEM init-string and PPP!

11. Where are the modem init strings?

12. Modem init

13. Modem Init String