SCSI Zip for linux

Post by Justi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all:

     I had installed a linux os on one of my disk and I also have a SCSI 100
mb Zip?CI want to mount the zip to the linux OS for read and write files
with the zip device, but it doesn' work. Could anyone tell me how to mount
the zip device to the linux OS? Thanks in advance!

Justin

SCSI Zip for linux

Post by the softra » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>     I had installed a linux os on one of my disk and I also have a SCSI 100
>mb Zip?CI want to mount the zip to the linux OS for read and write files
>with the zip device, but it doesn' work. Could anyone tell me how to mount
>the zip device to the linux OS? Thanks in advance!

>Justin

'ZipjCI' => 'ZIP Drive. I', I trust.

Assuming that you have a ZIP ZOOM SCSI interface:

Recompile the driver, aha152x.c, and do all the nice kernel things
(see the HOWTO's). Install the driver with:

     insmod aha152x aha152x=xxxx,yy.

where xxxx is either 0x140 or 0x340 and
          yy     is the interrupt number

For these numbers, look at the card (ZIP ZOOM); DO NOT TRUST WINDOZE
DEVICE MANAGER!!!

When you want to use the drive, put in a disk and mount it:
    mount -t msdos /dev/zip /mnt/zip
assuming you have the mount point /mnt/zip

Unmount the disk when you are done with it. Remount the next one and
so forth.

If you need more detail, holler!

Hope this helps,

George D. Freeman IV
the softrat

1. SCSI ZIP with Linux 2.0.29

I have a problem with my internal SCSI-ZIP Drive.

I use it with an Adaptec AVA-1502 SCSI-adapter and the Adaptec
152x-driver for Linux.
With the older Linux 1.13.xx kernel it works without problems
but with Linux 2.0.29 it doesn't work.

I always see the message "Initialization of aha152x failed".

please help me.

--
 Josef Gross
 Lehrstuhl fuer OR und Systemtheorie - Universitaet Passau

 Telefax: (+49)851/509-3082   WWW   : http://www.uni-passau.de/~gross

2. Microsoft opening Windows source code

3. SCSI Zip drive w/ Zip zoom scsi adapter problems...

4. Help with WAV files

5. adaptec 2940 UW + SCSI HD +linux 2.0.18 + ext SCSI ZIP drive ?

6. MeoMagic2090 Xserver.

7. SCSI Zip without Zip Zoom

8. linux & serial port operations

9. Zip Zoom & SCSI Zip Drive

10. Iomega SCSI Zip drive and Zip Zoom card

11. ZIP 100 Plus and ZIP ZOOM SCSI (aha152x.o)

12. how to mount SCSI cdrom, SCSI Zip and floppy under kde ?

13. zip scsi interface real scsi?