Epplet starting on enlightenment startup

Epplet starting on enlightenment startup

Post by monkfun » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Every time I log in as a certain non root user (I only have one
at this point) E-Mountbox loads automatically.  Although it is
not a critical problem, it is annoying and I would at least like
to learn how to fix it.

Mandrake7
Dell laptop (although these things don't matter I'm sure)

xsession only calls enlightenment

*shrug*   *blink blink*

Post by Prasanth A. Kum » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Every time I log in as a certain non root user (I only have one
> at this point) E-Mountbox loads automatically.  Although it is
> not a critical problem, it is annoying and I would at least like
> to learn how to fix it.

> Mandrake7
> Dell laptop (although these things don't matter I'm sure)

> .xsession only calls enlightenment

> *shrug*   *blink blink*

It might be referenced in the enlightenment config files
somewhere. Try searching for a reference as such:

grep -r -i 'mountbox' ~

--
Prasanth Kumar

Epplet starting on enlightenment startup

Post by Chuc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm getting this exact same problem but with a different epplet. I tried
closing the epplet and saving the state but that didn't work. Help would
be very much appreciated.

Chuck

Quote:> Every time I log in as a certain non root user (I only have one
> at this point) E-Mountbox loads automatically.  Although it is
> not a critical problem, it is annoying and I would at least like
> to learn how to fix it.

> Mandrake7
> Dell laptop (although these things don't matter I'm sure)

> xsession only calls enlightenment

> *shrug*   *blink blink*

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

--
Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Epplet starting on enlightenment startup

Post by Chuc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I figured it out. There is a file named
~/enlightenment/...e_session-XXXXXX.snapshots.0 that starts objects in
enlightenment to take out my unwanted epplet I had to remove these
lines:

NEW: E-SD-3.Epplet
NAME: E-SD-3
CLASS: Epplet
RES: 1600 1200
XY: 1184 1151 2 0
LAYER: 2
STICKY: 1
SHADE: 0
BORDER: BORDERLESS
CMD: /usr/enlightenment/bin/E-SD.epplet

With that out the way, can anyone tell me why the epplets that I have
chosen to start begin to multiply? I have enlightenment start two
epplets when enlightenment loads. If I leave my box on long enough the
epplets will begin to multiply and eventually my box locks up.

Chuck

--
Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. How does Enlightenment remember "epplets" to run?

[ Anyone know how to fix this, possibly by editing an appropriate config file?
[ I don't really need 3 or 4 copies each of the clock, mixer, or CPU monitor
[ popping up when I log in. :-)

how do you get out of Enlightenment, IIRC if you logout cleanly (not using
ctl-alt-backspace) with the correct number of epplets it'll 'remember'
this
 --
jazz

Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386
Doesn't it bother you, that we have to search for intelligent life
--- OUT THERE??

2. How to make imake

3. Enlightenment epplets

4. 3rd mousebutton with Kensington Orbit ???

5. Enlightenment Epplets???

6. Need Help with Multiple OSes

7. Debian package manager help (to install epplet for enlightenment)

8. Need help w/ NCR825-based SCSI-3 card

9. Epplets Not Working :( Enlightenment 0.16.4 - Alpha

10. How to Move Enlightenment Epplets?

11. Enlightenment Epplets

12. Enlightenment Epplets - times 2!