X in Red Hat Linux 4.1

Post by Alexandr Koga » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello!
I have a problem with X Windows in my newly installed Red Hat linux 4.1
When I try to start X with 'xinit' command I get :

-X11 TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect:errno=111
giving up
xinit : Connection refused (errno 111):unable to connect to Xserver
xinit : No such process (errno 3) : Server error

Can anyone tell me how to correct this?
Thank you, Alex.

 Roadkill has its seasons just like anything
 It's possums in the autumn and it's farm cats in the
      spring
  __Tom Waits__

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Dullard Question about man pgs and core dump

3. Red Hat Linux 4.1 installation problem n (n tending to infinity)

4. "Internal Server Error"

5. COMMERCIAL: Red Hat Linux 4.1 for Intel, Alpha, and SPARC!

6. How do I backup open files?

7. Problem running Netscape 3.x and 4.0.3 under Red Hat Linux 4.1

8. Linux Q3A

9. Multiboot Linux (red Hat 4.1 with Win'95)

10. COMMERCIAL: New TRI-Linux CD: Red Hat 4.1, Slackware 3.1and Debian 1.2.5

11. Difficulty installing network RTL4029R in Red Hat Linux 4.1

12. Configuring Motif 2.0 on Red Hat Linux 4.1

13. Red Hat Linux 4.1 and Adaptec 2940 UW, HELP!!!