Good distribution for raytracing?

Post by Alan W. Ju » Sun, 24 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Heya there, I'm looking for a good Linux distribution for Raytracing and
>general image manpulation (i.e. compiling series of images into mpegs, etc).
>Which would you say is best for that general hobby? Thanx,
>Stephan Ahonen.

For raytracing, I'd stick with Povray.  Image manipulation?  Try
ImageMagick or The Gimp.

Five cents, please...

73 de N5ILN

--
Opinions expressed are strictly my own, not my employers'.
Licensing fee for bulk emailers is $500 per message sent - send

Post by bega » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

>[Posted and mailed]

>> Heya there, I'm looking for a good Linux distribution for Raytracing
>> and general image manpulation (i.e. compiling series of images into
>> mpegs, etc).  Which would you say is best for that general hobby?
>> Thanx, Stephan Ahonen.

Use POV-Ray.  http://www.povray.org/ for your ray tracing needs.  It's
a bit arcane, but it't certainly one of the most powerful on the
market. (Check out some of the examples on their site).
It will do animation as well.