lilo misbehaves on redhat 6.1

Post by morz » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

i've just installed 6.1 over mandrek 6.1, i have four partitions on my hd,
and run dos, sco unix, redhat, and broken-up debian 2.1(could not quite
figure out how to install it)
after i installed redhat, i rebooted and lilo showed two partitions : linux
and dos, since these were the only partitions defined in lilo.conf,
i edited /etc/lilo.conf, /sbinned, was told that sco and debian are added
and rebooted
no change, i edited lilo.conf several more times, /sbin/lilo-ed, rebooted,
no effect
i even updated the install, and deleted lilo file, even after the file was
deleted, the box rebooted in lilo, still with dos and linux as boot options
eventually, i shut the box down, and let it cool for a few minutes, when i
rebooted, i got what i wanted, lilo with four boot options:
dos, linux, sco , and debian
can anyone explain what went on?  could a copy of the original lilo.conf
somehow persisted in ram between numerous reboots?
thanks,
igor
ps redhat 6.1 is very nice

1. imwheel misbehaves after upgrade to Mandrake 6.1

After an upgrade to Mandrake 6.1, imwheel does a page_up/page_down in
Netscape instead of 7xUp/7xDown as in 6.0.  And page_up/page_down in Eterm
instead of Shift pageup/ Shift pagedown.  It seems to behave appropriately
the first few rolls of the wheel, then defaults to straight pgup/pgdown.
Are there any known remedies to this problem?

Vince

--
-----------------------------------
Vince Busam

http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~vince/

2. Fingering my machine gives a DLL Jump error

3. lilo problems on RedHat 6.1

4. common c++ question

5. PR440FX Motherboard, SCSI, LILO, and Redhat 6.1

6. Killing children

7. No LILO boot prompt with RedHat 6.1

8. help with keyboard(?), KDE

9. RedHat 6.1 rdev and lilo problems with /dev/ida

10. RedHat 6.1, LILO, and Win98

11. RedHat 6.1 upgrade and lilo.conf

12. RedHat 6.1/Win98 LILO Problem

13. How can I install a zip drive in Redhat 6.1, and change lilo default boot?