question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

Post by Brian Phillip » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I am new (very new) to linux and am using Red Hat 5.1.  How do I set up my
3com Impact IQ ISDN modem?  It's external on com 1.

Can I even use ISDN, or do I have to use an analog modem?  If I have to get
a new modem, what are some good ones to use with Linux.  I eventually want
to run Apache Web Server on this machine.

Thanks for the input,
Brian

question - setup ISDN 3com Impact IQ - Redhat 5.1

Post by Brian Phillip » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Here is a website I found that might be of interest to anyone with the same
t/a.
http://www.cl.ais.net/mrroper1/aislinux.html

I still don't have mine working, but the above page helped get me started.

Regards
Brian

Post by Dave Hulsoppl » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I am new (very new) to linux and am using Red Hat 5.1.  How do I set up my
> 3com Impact IQ ISDN modem?  It's external on com 1.

> Can I even use ISDN, or do I have to use an analog modem?  If I have to get
> a new modem, what are some good ones to use with Linux.  I eventually want
> to run Apache Web Server on this machine.

> Thanks for the input,
> Brian

Hi Brian,
   I have an internal ISDN modem, which I installed about a year and a
half ago (maybe a bit longer). It's a USR Courier I-modem (128kb).
   If your modem accepts standard AT commands, then it shouldn't be any
problem. Linux does support ISDN quite well, and it sees the modem as a
"standard" one, if it can accept the above mentioned commands.
   If your modem uses something else, I don't have any idea, but since
it's not a winmodem, you *should* be able to get it up and running
without too much problems.
   No special caveat's or gotcha's that I remember - just use it like it
was normal modem.

HTH

Dave Hulsopple