Help: dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed! on login

Help: dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed! on login

Post by Richard Meitzle » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Help,

When I try to log into my Linux system (running Slackware 3 and Kernel
1.3.71) as anyone but root (and when I try to su to someone from root) I
get the message:

dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed!

I am running ELF stuff.  I cant seem to find the problem.  Anyone have

Thanks, Rick

1. dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed

I'm not sure what I've done, but I believe that somehow
my /dev files were changed such that only root can login.

If any user attempts to get into my system they get the error:

dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed!

Does anyone have a solution? My first attempt will be to reinstall
the base linux distribution with the hopes that whatever was changed
or corrupted will be fixed..but I'd like to know what caused this.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Dan DeSlover

2. ABIT IC7-G

3. dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed !

4. Red Hat 4.1 installation reboots my PC. Help!

5. dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed!

6. Alternative sources of hardware for Ultra 10???

7. RedHat 4.2 install problem: dl_boot: mmap of /dev/zero failed

8. Please help! - System shutdown prob.

9. dl_boot: can not open /dev/zero ????

10. anonymous ftp problems /dev/zero: open failed.

11. Cannot login as user! dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed!

12. ld.so.1: login: fatal: /dev/zero: ---help