Automated E-Mail Responder????

Post by Thomas P. Morris » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm looking for an application to perform what used to be a common task prior
to gopher and web-browser growth.  I need an application that watches
particular mailboxes on my Linux box and automatically responds to them based
on the subject line and/or body contents.  Perhaps this is a common
application but as a Linux newbie, I don't have a clue where to start looking.
 Any help is greatly appreciated!

Example:

lists all documents accessible via e-mail and how to send additional messages
to retrieve them.

Automated E-Mail Responder????

Post by Joerg Ahre » Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>I'm looking for an application to perform what used to be a common task prior
>to gopher and web-browser growth.  I need an application that watches
>particular mailboxes on my Linux box and automatically responds to them based
>on the subject line and/or body contents.  Perhaps this is a common
>application but as a Linux newbie, I don't have a clue where to start looking.
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>Example:

>lists all documents accessible via e-mail and how to send additional messages
>to retrieve them.

look for complete mm2.7 package (about 800kB). It includes a contribution
called ServiceMail.

Joerg

Joerg Ahrens                                              _/
Koenigsberger Strasse 32                                _/_/
31226 Peine                                           _/  _/
Tel.: 05171/57308                             _/    _/_/_/_/

1. automated bug responder

Don't know if this is the right group, but I was wondering if there were
any packages available via ftp that do problem tracking.  Something like
gnats, but without requiring the user to have a special program to submit
problems/bugs.  All I am looking for right now is something to take an
incoming mail message, assign it the next problem number and ship back a
reply with the number and a standard letter.  I am looking for something
fairly simple and with source, so that we could mold it into our bug
tracking database.

Gregg

2. -- Valuable reboot-saving tip! --

3. vacation automated mail responder problem - HELP!

4. disregard this message

5. partition another drive in Kickstart

6. Problems writing a port responder under HP-UX 9 (inetd responder)

7. memory?

8. Auto Responder for E-MAIL ???

9. auto-responder for email

10. Auto [email] reply/responder from RedHat 7

11. Setting up an email-based responder

12. Email Responder/Robot